Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Squish....

Today started out like any other day; except I was due in town for a 12:50 date at the Mammography center. Arriving at the Mammography center I signed in and waited. As I sat down to wait for the Technologist who would do my Mammogram I watched as two Mexican women filled out some forms and in the back sat a gentleman with a little girl, probably waiting for the female in the family.

Finally, my turn came as one of the workers announced "Ms. Garcia". Getting up I wondered if anyone saw anything different about me or the name and a very well dressed woman in jeans, high heels and a leather jacket left the room.

Getting undressed, I put on the requisite blue kimono exam jacket with the opening toward the front and waited in another waiting room with two other women. Inside the room, one could see that I was all female with my boobs sitting behind a cloth jacket with nothing to hold them up. Finally the Technologist came in, introduced herself and I followed her into the Mammogram room.

After asking me what type of hormones I was on, she asked if I had saline or silicone implants and if they were behind the muscle. Reaffirming that I had saline implants and they were behind the muscle, the Technologist began to take my pictures. The girl was very nice and she asked me a lot of questions, mostly about being a Transgendred woman after surgery. During my exam I briefed her on the many aspects I found about being a woman, namely having a yearly Mammogram and the fact that I had an OB exam two months ago.

Standing by the machine, the girl moved each of my breasts into the machine and took an individual picture of each breast in their different positions. What was interesting is that there was none of the horror stories of having your breasts clamped down by some maniac Technologist who derived watching the women writhing in pain. It was a very peaceful experience and soon it was over.

So after getting dressed, I walked out of the Mammography center preparing for next years test....

No comments: