Saturday, February 21, 2009

Things my mother never told me

How many of us can truly say that we know everything about anything and that also includes SEX. My first 40 years as a male I thought I knew the basics, but now as a woman I find that I really have now knowledge of what to do. Since I used to be at the other end of the gun, my experience was kissing, fondling then the actual closeness and finally....

So it was when I got married. We produced three great sons who are now grown and married. Sex for us was your typical get together lie in bed and perform the act, which usually lasted for me a few minutes Little did I know that we'd soon get tired and move on years later. In fact, my sex life became like any other American/Asian couple. Very dismal to say the least. But we survived and soon the companionhip, intimacy but not the act was our way of having sex.

Now I find myself on the other side of the gun, for now I am the recipient. Since I now have the necessary plumbing and body parts of a woman. I can't get pregnant, have a period or menstrual cycle, life as a woman isn't too bad; but I can like any female or male, pick up a few strange diseases if one is not protected. So in that case, whether we transition or not, having protection applies to all of us.

Nevertheless, after my surgery since 2008, that thought has been nagging at the back of my mind. JUST how do I act as a woman if placed or find myself in a compromising position with a man? So I have asked many folks including my therapist. They all came up with good answers, but none were specific. So I did what any smart person would do. I went on the web and found a site that gave me the information I needed.

A lot of the information had to do with things women do to a man, such as "Oral Sex", how to pleasure yourself, disease to avoid and how to protect yourself. But the one thing that caught my eye were the 100 or more sexual positions. You know, I didn't know there were over 100 variations on intercourse and each one had a description on what it is and the results it provides. There were also comments from the readers on each of these positions and I must say that I"ve really been in the dark ages when it came to sex.

So why did I bring this up? Well in a few months I get to find out what it is like to have sex with a man and right now I'm really nervous about this. How do you do a 180 degree turn from trying to run the show to actually letting someone show you what to do? How do you start?, etc. There are so many questions and quite frankly, as a woman I just don't know what I'll do. But we'll let nature take its course.

I've tried to keep this from becoming an all too consuming idea and decided to let the story unfold.by itself. Who knows, maybe I'll find that I too don't know everything about anything.

But then, isn't that what men and women in a special relationship have done throughout recorded history, gone and experimented?

No comments: