Sunday, March 08, 2009

Closer and closer


Well on Tuesday I reach a milestone because I now turn 59 and next year I hit that magic 60 mark. Not bad for an old broad and one that is really brand new as a woman.

As I sit here writing this blog, I look back to my over 30 years transitioning and to tell you the truth... I'm really glad I'm a woman. Sure we get pooped on, we have crappy jobs, we have responsibilities and I now find that what used to be a division between work and home life as a male is now an ongoing job. So I can really understand why being a wife and woman is a full time 24 hour job.

But what I'd like to say is this. On Tuesday the 10th of March, I will have actually reached a milestone in my journey as a woman. Besides hitting 59, and getting my hair styled at one of our local hair salons and maybe getting a great full-body massage, I am also celebrating my other birthday. For you see, I transitioned on my birthday in Thailand and there is a very interesting coincidence that connects the two birthdays.

For on March 10th, 1950 at 11:30pm I came out into the world screaming and squawking in the wrong gender. On March 10th, 2008 at 11:30pm Thailand time, I came out as a new woman.






No comments: