Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's my birthday....So who's going to do dishes?

I like birthdays, I like the party atmosphere, the crowds of people invited for the festive ocassion, the food and watching that special birthday boy or girl, in this case a girl celebrate her birthday in style at the home. Unfortunately, it was the three of us, the cat & the dog tonight.

But the meal was great. I got Ham hocks & beans, corn bread, salad and a beer. Sounds like something i could have ordered from our local diner; but it was the thought that counted.

Now, as far as presents are concerned. I got a free $40.00 haircut at our local hair salon, which actually cost me $25.00 and I got to educate my stylist on TG101. But she was great. She has a 28 year old friend that is coming out as a TS.

Since her friend is around 28, I was thinking that here is another girl who is in the same age bracket as my twin sons who will turn 30 years old on the 13th of March. I've always wanted a daughters and so it looks like I'm going to get my wish by playing mom to this girl ala June Cleaver on "Leave it to Beaver", as I help her navigate through the rocky TG roadway.

Even though she may not want me to help, it would be nice to actually meet her and give her from time to time some advice on surviving as a TS in this world.

It is funny how we all talk about ourselves and i was one of them, you know those blabbering women who inhabit every hair salon from her to kingdom come. And with a straight hair dresser instead of a gay one, she got a lot out of our conversation.

But, other than that. My birthday was pretty tame. I did get to enjoy my meal that was cooked by my family. However the beer got to me and soon I was dozing off to LaLa land.

Soon I joined the millions of women who fall asleep in front of their TV sets, dozing peacefully while the issues of the day and the world are safely and for now have been locked out the front door.

No comments: